In the Area
The Nelson Region is one of the top destinations for tourists
to New Zealand.
Things to Do
Organise yourself an outdoor adventure, follow the arts and crafts trails, catch yourself an elusive brown trout, or sample the veritable feast of Nelson's fine food and award winning wines.
Rosebank Cottage is situated a mere 1km from some of the finest
fresh water swimming holes in the area - great for picnics or
cooling off after an energetic day hiking the various trails around
The Hackett Walkway is some 8kms further up the valley with hikes ranging from an hour or two up to half day and full day walks through spectacular country, native forest passing crystal clear rivers, waterfalls and native birdlife - outdoor New Zealand at it's best.
There are also km's of mountain bike tracks through native NZ bush almost at our back door step.
- Award Winning Restaurants
- Three National Parks
- Mountain Biking. There are some excellent mountain biking trails available directly from Rosebank Cottage. (Mountain Bikes available for hire on request).
- Beautiful Beaches
- Wineries and Wine Trails
- Trout Fishing
- Art and Craft Trails
- Fresh Water Swimming Holes
- World of Wearable Art and Collectable Car Complex
- Treks & Walkways
- Sailing and Sea Kayaking
- Internationally Renowned Glass Blowing
- Excellent Public Parks and Gardens
- Private Gardens
- Horse Trekking
Information on the many walks and recreational opportunities available in the region is available from the Nelson and Richmond Information Centres.